Should You Go Abroad?

IMG_3278

Many a times, I found myself wondering  whether the decisions I have made were worth it.

There is a question that has plagued me a lot, coming from many of my closest confidants regarding a decision many tend to ponder over:

“SHOULD WE FURTHER OUR EDUCATION ABROAD?”

The answer from my perspective would definitely be an affirmative. But the next question beckons:

“WHAT ABOUT THE FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS?”

Unbeknownst to many, there are indeed many opportunities out there to fund a person travelling abroad. In many universities at present, there are twinning programmes as well as scholarships offered to further your education abroad. In other cases, there are special programmes provided by the university whereby:

“A student is allowed to do a semester or a year of studies in a foreign university of their choice.”

For my tenure in INTI International University, I was able to apply for the Semester Abroad Programme (SAP™) in which I chose to pursue my studies in Germany.

INTI_IU_logo

At first, I felt homesick and quite insistent to return home as soon as I got there. I felt as if I can just learn about everything abroad through the internet or the Discovery Channel. But as time went by, I started to realize I was in a place that no amount of television or internet will ever replace. I was discovering  whole new world for me through a whole new perspective.

To describe what I am talking about, the photo below is the view that greets me every morning from the apartment I was staying in while residing in Germany for a couple of months.

Scenery 1-2

Can you imagine waking up to this every morning? Peace and quiet.

In addition to that, I have made new friends and networks from so many other countries. The exchange in culture is indeed one not to be missed but most importantly, the bond and relationship made with this company of heroes is one which will follow me to the day I die.

IMG_7251

Try and spot the Asian in this gang.

You may refer to my earlier posts regarding my experience in Europe. Please feel free to drop a comment if you are in need of any more advice. Stay tuned for my later posts on my travels abroad as well as education. Here are some other photos I took abroad as well:

IMG_6576

A typical town house in autumn

IMG_6885

State Administrative Building before the storm

IMG_7440

Seilersee Lake

To sum it up, if you are indeed serious about going abroad, please make the effort and inquire on the options to pursue an education abroad. I can assure you that it is an opportunity not to be missed. Have a great day my fellow readers. Cheers^^

Comments

Popular Posts