The Gap Between 2 Worlds
Well, I was scrolling through the web as well as Facebook and I seem to run across pages and pages of articles mentioning expressions of girls and what they really mean (ie: Go ahead = I dare you. Not a permission. Don’t do it). Hell, I even found them in my e-mail inbox (among other crap) which begs this question to be asked, “Why do it?”
I mean, of all of hem I have read, I have not seen one that has ever placed a boy as the protagonist. We have never been the protagonist in any of them but more accurately, we are seen as the antagonist. Every time a girls feelings are hurt is because the antagonist had something to do with it. Every time there is an argument, the antagonist started it. Every time the toilet seat is up, it’s the antagonist’s fault………ok, maybe it’s our fault on the last bit. But this begs another question to be asked. “Why is it our fault?”
It is quite common for individuals of the feminine side to say that it is as close to intolerable to live with us. But is it really that intolerable? I mean, if you really hate us that much, why not you just leave us? Why don’t you just condemn us? Treat us like the scum you think we are. You admit in your own rights that you hate us, calling us dense and unable to understand you branding us as selfish in the process. You blame us that it is important for us to read you, to understand your actions, to satisfy everything you want, demand or hope for. In short, you want us to do everything for you to profess our love and care for you.
I have heard many girls who have said all this all claim to be the equal of the antagonist in this twisted tale. But I always, sneak a smile and stifle a laughter. It takes two hands to clap is a saying most fit for a situation like this. I know many antagonist including myself, trying very hard to understand the feminine sex. Understand what they want and what they mean especially those in a relationship. We try our best to read the signs, to provide for you, to care for you. Ok, fair enough. True? NO, I DON’T THINK SO!!! Because I have always wanted to ask all individuals of the feminine side one very important question:
“HAVE YOU EVER TRIED UNDERSTANDING US??”
Have you ever tried to understand why we are dense? Have you ever considered why we act so differently as compared to you? Have you ever contributed to the equation? There is a reason for everything including why we behave in such a way. The internet is flooded with childish and immature references of how girls behave and what your expressions mean. We have all received messages like this:
NINE WORDS WOMEN USE...and their "meaning"...Lol
(1) Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes : If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead : This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh : This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That's Okay : This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' , that will bring on a "whatever")...Have used that one many a times! Lol
(8) Whatever : Is a woman's way of saying... GO TO..well you know where!!...Not really, but we do mean it..Hehehehe
(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.
* Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology.....Lol
* Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause they know it's true!...Lol....Dont we all know this girls??? Lol
COME ON! We know you are not direct in your words. But if you’ve noticed none of the expressions above is a happy expression. All of them either show that the girl is sad, depressed or just wants to pick a damn fight. Another thing in common is the fact that it portrays us as the ones who cause all those negative feelings in all of you. Girls, I’m sorry for being rude but I have to say this:
You call yourself the most mature ones among all and yet you can come up with such negative points which are immature, silly and most definitely, dysfunctional. Even worse, you add the sentence below requesting a message like that to be forwarded to other boys so they will be able to “learn” how to understand you all. Back to the question of, “Have you ever tried to understand us?” We have feelings too. Every time we see this, it makes us feel as if we have not been able to meet your demands or that nothing is ever enough for you all. As a guy, I too feel depressed every time I see messages like that. We as guys, are very straight-forward and are unable to see the hidden meaning behind your words. But that’s who we are, what we are and how we are. You demand that we change to understand you all but have you ever change to understand us.
There is no denying the fact that you all are complicated. We ask for you to give us time to understand you completely but even that grace isn’t granted for us. A relationship is built on two forces not one and here I see with disgust the guide which shows such dysfunction among all of you. I mean, do you feel proud, demanding us to repost this to other guys to help “prevent arguments’ pertaining to these words?” If you do, I am utterly disgusted. I thought of you all as a group of first class individuals, able to understand and comprehend with compassion no matter what the situation, but after seeing so many of these, I am convinced otherwise.
What you represent if you are in favour of the 9 words are the following:
- YOU HAVE ISSUES. You are so mentally disturbed and twisted that you need to blame us to make yourselves feel better.
- YOU ARE SADISTIC. You claim to be compassionate and understanding/ caring but yet, you can come up with words like that to show that you are provocative and sadistic against all men.
Finally, my personal favourite:
YOU ARE A RELATIONSHIP DESTROYER!!!!
DO NOT DENY THIS STATEMENT!!! All guys try their very best to take care of you, fill your hearts desires and to be there for you no matter how difficult the situation is. I quote word number 7 women use, you all can’t even say ‘THANKS’ without taking a jab at our nuts or meaning harm towards us. You blame us for all the relationship problems and arguments but based on those nine words, I can see why break ups are so common. You all use those words so openly as if you want to make things difficult and torturing for us. Like you, we too have breaking points and if you continue to use these words to it’s full potential, mark my words, you will strain the relationship. Is as if you couldn’t be bothered at all about the relationship. You proudly boast that a relationship needs the contribution of two heart and souls but because of this, you proudly boast to be the parasites of a relationship. You contribute nothing at all or more accurately, condemn the relationship with these stupid actions and words. So you think that we are the cause of break-ups? Well at least you can be proud f being the decisive factor.
Finally, if there are girls who still want to stick to your guns on this matter, I have one request for you. Please, NEVER EVER GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP!! Take pity on the poor boy you are about to hurt. We are not donkeys, we are humans. We have feelings too. If you want a relationship to succeed, you will need top contribute too, in a positive sense. Not find 9 stupid words to cause more trouble. Here’s a suggestion: Try finding 9 words to help a relationship, words which show understanding and compassion. If you could just care for the relationship, for the person you love and try your best to avoid creating arguments with these words in the first place, I am sure you will be able to see the good side of the guy you love. To conclude, in my opinion, individuals who use those words, you don’t really care about a relationship nor do you care or love your boyfriend. You just want to make his life a living hell by keeping him on his toes with these words. So as a guy, this is a warning for all who enforce these 9 words: KEEP KNOCKING ON THE DEVIL’S DOOR AND ONE DAY, HE MIGHT JUST ANSWER IT. Do not blame the boy for dumping you. Every human wants to escape from torture just like how you would want to avoid an argument. Come on, it’s the only apt reaction against a sadistic person like you (referring to those who enforce these 9 words)
PS: The most obvious reason (coin me if I’m wrong) to why you see us as horrible individuals is because of all the negative points you see in us. Can I at least be given the grace to remind you this:
- Who held your hand on your first date, and kept you warm, when you felt cold?
- Who would hug you, throughout the horror movie, to assure you that zombies are not real?
- Who carried your heavy bags when you couldn’t even carry yourself?
- Who would call you every night, to know that you are safe?
- Who would message you every hour to tell you they miss you?
- Who would help you get groceries, because you were too tired to go out?
- Who would try to cure you, whenever you fell ill?
I would like to apologise if any of my words are hurtful to you all but it’s just my two cents. If you believe that you do not come under the classification of this post, then congratulations, you are a very understanding person. If not, please refer to the picture below:
ACT, BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!