Skip to main content

Snapshots From College

I’m really sorry that this post had to come in so late. It has already been so many months since I’ve been in college and honestly, it’s been one of the greatest moments in my life so far. A moment of freedom. One of which has brought fond memories as well as nightmares into my life. For once, I’ve actually lived away from home, away from my mothers delicious home cooked food, away from my loving and adoring family members. But its a phase of life one has to go through eventually. Be it now or later (better to be now than never), we all have to undergo this phase of life and embrace it rather than to despise it. For this is the very reason we undergo all this to make ourselves better and more efficient than we can ever imagine.

Now the 6 months I’ve spent as an INTIAN (students/residents of INTI University College) I have realised many things which are extremely important in live. Firstly, one would notice that with great power comes even greater responsibility. To explain this quotation I took from the good old Spiderman movies, imagine being given a great amount of freedom. A freedom whereby there are no parents to tell us what to do, what to eat, when to sleep where to go and where not to go. Interestingly, the toll on me was not as bad as it was on the others as quoted by some who had to learn it the hard way. The first problem when one is given this amount of freedom all of a sudden, especially when we have been under our parents governance for the past 17 years is what to do in our daily schedule.

Usually, the only thing college students would do during their free time besides their studies and assignments is to sleep. Honestly, in college, the first thing one would notice is the lack of sleep. Upon average, I would get only 3 to 5 hours of sleep a day maximum. Sometimes, I would not even sleep at all. This is due to the fact that I am taking 7 subjects over the standard 4 subject requirement meaning I have more subjects, more assignments and more stress than any other students. It is deduced that the amount of stress undertaken by a student of my kind is equivalent to that of a degree level student. And I’m only a first semester, 18 year old student. One can imagine that this would be rather unfair but it’s a choice I have taken on my own. Because the more we learn, the better and more efficient we get.

Besides, the education system is much more in depth and the new marking system takes time to get used to. For example, for half a semester, one is required to memorize at least half a text book as opposed to the trimester system whereby only the core basics need to be addressed. Hence, there’s more to consume at the expense of time. Anyway, the result of a bi-semester system is 14 crazy assignments, 14 presentations, 14 tests and 6 final exam papers. No sweat eh?

Anyway, the semester is finally over and I intend to get some well earned sleep. Til’ my next post, cheerio!!

DSC00779

Meet Confucius Team and beyond.

DSC00765

What is wrong with this shot?

DSC00786

Confucius Family ‘National’ Bowling Team. ^^

DSC00803

First time seeing me smile? Not exactly.

DSC00773 The Confucius family. The closest knit family you’ll ever know.

DSC00834

Did I mention I was an expert pool player? Ha! Ha!

DSC01180 The ambassador of INTI UC?

DSC01133 (2)

DSC01756

DSC01796

My ever changing work station.

DSC01297 (2)

DSC01407

DSC01409

The Dream Team

Comments

garner said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
佩春 said…
pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!!.................................................................

Popular posts from this blog

Review–Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon)

This is my first time doing this sort of a review so please bear with me and do give me your most honest feedback (should there be any). During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I was staying in a rather unique boutique hotel with a superb concept. An Overview
Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon) is situated in an area known as Diamond Hill in Kowloon, the price for the night is significantly cheaper than the hotels on the main island of Hong Kong. Situated inconspicuously among factory and warehouses, privacy and peace are essential guarantees of this hotel.  The hotel boasts a towering 32-floors in height and a total of 695 guest rooms. Despite the building being 32 floors high, there are 6 elevators ensuring that no one has to wait more than a minute before getting an elevator. Accompanying facilities include a convenience store, recreation room, a cafe, a pizza bar and conference facilities. Further details will be listed at the end of the review.First Impressions
The main entrance of the hote…

23rd Birthday @ Thirty8, Grand Hyatt

I may be about 2 months too late but I do want to share about a truly amazing birthday surprise. As my 23rd birthday came to view, I noticed my dear girlfriend was busy on the phone. I never really gave it much thought about what she was doing (perhaps ordering some girls stuff via the telephone?). However, I didn't know she was planning a surprise for my birthday. 

On the day itself, she dressed herself up really splendidly. I on the other hand managed to put on a shirt and a pair of jeans (the male effort of dressing up splendidly). She set the GPS for me and I just followed it all the way until we found ourselves at the entrance of the Grand Hyatt @ Kuala Lumpur. Mouth left ajar, I began to question what did she do (I'm a frugal person so places like the Grand Hyatt would rarely appear on my list). 
Entering the lift, we went up to the 38th floor and that was when I realised that there was such a restaurant called Thirty8. Unbeknownst to the general people like you and me, th…

Singapore Airline Training and Outing @ Parkroyal Penang

Hello again, dear readers. As you might have already known, I am currently a Senior Marketing Executive for Singapore Airlines Limited. It has been already 7 months since I've joined Singapore Airlines. Anyway, like all major corporations, there will always be either an annual dinner or outing. In the case of Singapore Airlines Limited, for the year 2015, we chose Penang as the spot to have our annual staff outing and dinner.

DAY 1: HEADING THERE

The day started early. By early, I mean waking up at 0530 hours to head to office (pickup point). Before heading there, we dropped by to fetch my colleague Douglas. What was interesting to know was that the roads at that hour were completely empty. It is eerie to know that the roads that I go through daily, fighting off traffic was now nothing more than a desolate scene out of the walking dead. Anyway, enough thoughts. When we got to the office, we had a light breakfast at the mamak downstairs. After "suffing" ourselves, we head…