Skip to main content

Add. Maths 101 by Sunny Yee

A group of elite Form 5 students were invited to attend an Add. Maths workshop, organised by K-Perak and conducted by Mr. Sunny Yee. Yes, the one and only Sunny Yee, the Add. Maths and Physics genius. It was indeed an honour to be learning from him. However, if the time was taken into account, one can't help but wonder whether it was all worth it. The course lasted from 8.00 am -5.00 pm which is nearly the whole day.

But in my opinion, it was all worth it. I arrived there at the same time as Ban Siong. Next came along RJ Kevin and Vinod. The first thing we had to check out was the toilet. Don't ask me why but we expected it to be high tech and all that crap. Now we know, not all funds allocated for the building was put to full use. In fact, I don't even think half the money was used to build this building. Hence, at this moment, a cry of, "Malaysia Boleh, Apapun Boleh!" is in order.

As we left the loo, Melwin and Kah Chuen showed up. Followed by Joshua who at that moment thought that being fashionably late was an accessory. Well, we went to the top floor and lucky for us, we got front row seats. We waited eagerly for the arrival of Sunny Yee, only to be told he would be late so, we had about 30 minutes to kill. Went to the lobby to catch some fresh air and got some cool photographs.

Finally, he arrived and all were attentive. Wow, he made a real lasting impression as a Add. Maths genius. Within the first 15 minutes, nearly the entire hall was left in confusion. But Mr. Yee was kind enough to slow down. His explanations were indeed detailed and intricate. He was able to prep us to face the hardest and most ambiguous questions known in the Add. Maths world. Nice of him though but I don't really see the relevance of it being taught if compared to SPM standards.

As Michaelians, the best time occurred during the lunch break which lasted an hour or so, as demonstrated by the pictures below. After lunch, we resumed the impressively long lecture which had nearly 3 quarters of the hall sleeping. (nata's have a very short attention span) The only groups left awake were the Michaelians and the Andersonians. Yeah, we love to study. At exactly 5.00pm, the participants were dismissed, much to the shock of the snoozing bums. All in all, I reckon it was indeed and eventful day. So, did all this bring me one step closer to Add. Maths supremecy? I have to say......


JAVOL!!!




The Perak Techno Trade Center. Yes, it's the one near Jelapang.


Ahh, the not so technological signage.


That man is the one and only Sunny Yee in action.


Add. Maths in progress.


The Michaelian line. Attentive as usual.


Vinod, RJ Kevin and I.


Ban Siong and I.


Poser on the 7th floor a.k.a The Michaelian Hangout.


Check out the view. And the people blocking it. XD!



We've taken over the data centre. XD! You are officially under Michaelian control.


Portrait shot next to a....Fibre Optic Room?


STOP!!!!!!




The Elite Michaelians........XD!


Don't sleep RJ!!!!


Well, I guess that's about it.


Zieg Heil!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review–Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon)

This is my first time doing this sort of a review so please bear with me and do give me your most honest feedback (should there be any). During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I was staying in a rather unique boutique hotel with a superb concept. An Overview
Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon) is situated in an area known as Diamond Hill in Kowloon, the price for the night is significantly cheaper than the hotels on the main island of Hong Kong. Situated inconspicuously among factory and warehouses, privacy and peace are essential guarantees of this hotel.  The hotel boasts a towering 32-floors in height and a total of 695 guest rooms. Despite the building being 32 floors high, there are 6 elevators ensuring that no one has to wait more than a minute before getting an elevator. Accompanying facilities include a convenience store, recreation room, a cafe, a pizza bar and conference facilities. Further details will be listed at the end of the review.First Impressions
The main entrance of the hote…

23rd Birthday @ Thirty8, Grand Hyatt

I may be about 2 months too late but I do want to share about a truly amazing birthday surprise. As my 23rd birthday came to view, I noticed my dear girlfriend was busy on the phone. I never really gave it much thought about what she was doing (perhaps ordering some girls stuff via the telephone?). However, I didn't know she was planning a surprise for my birthday. 

On the day itself, she dressed herself up really splendidly. I on the other hand managed to put on a shirt and a pair of jeans (the male effort of dressing up splendidly). She set the GPS for me and I just followed it all the way until we found ourselves at the entrance of the Grand Hyatt @ Kuala Lumpur. Mouth left ajar, I began to question what did she do (I'm a frugal person so places like the Grand Hyatt would rarely appear on my list). 
Entering the lift, we went up to the 38th floor and that was when I realised that there was such a restaurant called Thirty8. Unbeknownst to the general people like you and me, th…

Singapore Airline Training and Outing @ Parkroyal Penang

Hello again, dear readers. As you might have already known, I am currently a Senior Marketing Executive for Singapore Airlines Limited. It has been already 7 months since I've joined Singapore Airlines. Anyway, like all major corporations, there will always be either an annual dinner or outing. In the case of Singapore Airlines Limited, for the year 2015, we chose Penang as the spot to have our annual staff outing and dinner.

DAY 1: HEADING THERE

The day started early. By early, I mean waking up at 0530 hours to head to office (pickup point). Before heading there, we dropped by to fetch my colleague Douglas. What was interesting to know was that the roads at that hour were completely empty. It is eerie to know that the roads that I go through daily, fighting off traffic was now nothing more than a desolate scene out of the walking dead. Anyway, enough thoughts. When we got to the office, we had a light breakfast at the mamak downstairs. After "suffing" ourselves, we head…