Skip to main content

It Got Me Thinking

Well, I've just realised something. It's been 17 years since I've been a member of this great world. I've got a great family, great dad, great mum and a great brother. Friends who are loyal...(though some just like to stab me right in the back. 'Thanks' a lot guys.) But what really intrigued me was my brother. I've known him for 15 years. We eat together, go to school together, hell we even sleep in the same room together (don't get the wrong impression or I'll gut you like the other 10 idiots I gutted....oops... that wasn't suppose to come out loud.)

But yet, we are like totally opposite people. I mean, we see some siblings who do nearly everything to mimic one another. For example, same dressing style, same eating habits, same hobbies. But I'm sad to say that that is not one of the finer points we share. We're as close as opposites as anyone can be. And it's rather clear. For example,

I like Need For Speed while he likes FIFA.
I like my noodles dry, he likes it with soup.
I like Nickelback, he likes Michaell Jackson.
I like cars and guns, he likes football.
I like inventing, he likes reasearching.
I like to joke, he likes it serious.
I favour war, he favours peace.
I demand rights, he doesn't give a damn.
I'm into politics, he's into current affairs.
I prefer formal, he prefers casual.
I know nuts about computers, he knows everything about them.

and the list goes on.....

It really got me thinking. But I just realised the matter is not on how different we are from one another but the fact that we are united in synchrony and harmony. What I'm trying to say is that we are of the same family, of the same blood and of the same personality. Though we might not show it but I know that we are alike in one way or another.

So no matter what happens, no matter when it happens and no matter how it happens, I'll always be here for you. You'll always be my brother, no matter what anyone says. And if anyone tries to drive a wedge in between us, pay no heed to it. (until I kill him with a toothpick.... seriously bro, I can do that).


I've said it once and I'll say it again. Brothers 4 Life.


Guess which one is mine and which is his.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review–Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon)

This is my first time doing this sort of a review so please bear with me and do give me your most honest feedback (should there be any). During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I was staying in a rather unique boutique hotel with a superb concept. An Overview
Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon) is situated in an area known as Diamond Hill in Kowloon, the price for the night is significantly cheaper than the hotels on the main island of Hong Kong. Situated inconspicuously among factory and warehouses, privacy and peace are essential guarantees of this hotel.  The hotel boasts a towering 32-floors in height and a total of 695 guest rooms. Despite the building being 32 floors high, there are 6 elevators ensuring that no one has to wait more than a minute before getting an elevator. Accompanying facilities include a convenience store, recreation room, a cafe, a pizza bar and conference facilities. Further details will be listed at the end of the review.First Impressions
The main entrance of the hote…

23rd Birthday @ Thirty8, Grand Hyatt

I may be about 2 months too late but I do want to share about a truly amazing birthday surprise. As my 23rd birthday came to view, I noticed my dear girlfriend was busy on the phone. I never really gave it much thought about what she was doing (perhaps ordering some girls stuff via the telephone?). However, I didn't know she was planning a surprise for my birthday. 

On the day itself, she dressed herself up really splendidly. I on the other hand managed to put on a shirt and a pair of jeans (the male effort of dressing up splendidly). She set the GPS for me and I just followed it all the way until we found ourselves at the entrance of the Grand Hyatt @ Kuala Lumpur. Mouth left ajar, I began to question what did she do (I'm a frugal person so places like the Grand Hyatt would rarely appear on my list). 
Entering the lift, we went up to the 38th floor and that was when I realised that there was such a restaurant called Thirty8. Unbeknownst to the general people like you and me, th…

Singapore Airline Training and Outing @ Parkroyal Penang

Hello again, dear readers. As you might have already known, I am currently a Senior Marketing Executive for Singapore Airlines Limited. It has been already 7 months since I've joined Singapore Airlines. Anyway, like all major corporations, there will always be either an annual dinner or outing. In the case of Singapore Airlines Limited, for the year 2015, we chose Penang as the spot to have our annual staff outing and dinner.

DAY 1: HEADING THERE

The day started early. By early, I mean waking up at 0530 hours to head to office (pickup point). Before heading there, we dropped by to fetch my colleague Douglas. What was interesting to know was that the roads at that hour were completely empty. It is eerie to know that the roads that I go through daily, fighting off traffic was now nothing more than a desolate scene out of the walking dead. Anyway, enough thoughts. When we got to the office, we had a light breakfast at the mamak downstairs. After "suffing" ourselves, we head…