Skip to main content

Memories Of A Prefect

My term as a prefect has come to an end. And I'm glad to say, my term was indeed a roller coaster ride. Term 2008/2009 has opened up a whole new chapter in my life. I've placed myself in the shoes of a student leader. I've fought alongside my comrades whom I will never forget, their courage and determination, coupled with perseverance to ensure succession. It's the heroes I serve alongside with that make my term in the Michaelian Prefectorial Board, a chapter I would love to return to if given the chance.

Though I leave with a heavy heart, it is time to hand over the helm to the incoming board. Hey, you can't always stay up top forever. There are experiences I find hard to place in words. So, I've compiled the largest photo collection on my blog for your perusal. To all Michaelian prefects especially from term 2008/2009, this post is for you. It has indeed been an honour, serving with you all.

Take care and all the best in future undertakings. Godspeed.


"It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
" - Theodore Roosevelt -


Till' next time,


JAVOL!!!


ENJOY!


Michaelian Prefectorial Board Term 2008/2009. Overall division.


Michaelian Prefectorial Board Term 2008/2009. Senior division



Meet the LTC 2008 family. You guys rock......


The best portrait shot I have as a prefect. Great camera skills.


This has got to be my second pick. I'm not trying to brag but actually trying to recapture vague memories of the past.


Our undisputed leader, Benjamin. Over-spirited......


Inter-Society Understanding Commission 08/09. Best commission ever!!!


Inter-Society Understanding Commission 08/09. Informal pose.


Sharing a light moment. Hilarious.....



This will go down in history, as the greatest team of heroes in the history of our nation.


Circle of Friendship. XD!


Wai Keong, Kisor and I. Extraordinary gentlemen with extraordinary contrast.


Wai Keong, Kisor, RJ Kevin (Form Rep.) and I. Keong Keong likes paper airplanes. Future aeronautics engineer.



My awesome junior and I.


Benjamin and I. Bros 4 Life!


Secretary/Comm. Advisor Leroy Wong and I. A great friend and brother.


Su Yenn, Lady Head Prefect. Guess, is she really as tall as me?


Me and Treasurer Yoshita. Also, guess if she is as tall as me.


Kisor (My Partner), Me and Ruben (Former Form Rep.)


Friends 4 Life!


Lingesh Rao (new comm. head), Kisor (my partner in crime) and yours truly.


Me and Shileena. A great friend I must say. Don't feel tension yeah.


No one told you prefects were footballers?


From left: Me, Calvyn, Joshua, Nicholas.


Whitewashed.....Except Joshua......


Calvyn and I. Buddies for 10 years.


Fareesh. The new Form Rep acting not so Form Rep-ish....so.....


Issue punishement. You should've seen his reaction after this shot was taken.


LTC 08 memory. Benjamin trying to be Mr. Martin Jalleh.



Me and my little sister, Mian Mian. LTC 2008.



Teluk Batik Resort. Our housing for the duration of the course.


The apartments we stayed in.


A great and cooling environment....


Lone prefect.....


Prefects at a conference? LTC more likely....


Our teacher advisors. Mr. Velu and Pn. Thevanei. Don't look sad guys....


Wanted.....RM100K reward. XD!!!


Mr. Eric Bryan. Our facilitator. Love the smile though.


Prefects listening attentively to Mr. Eric Bryan.


Mr. Eric Bryan seen here pulling an invisible string. XD!


Practicing a routine known only as, "Ram-Sam-Sam"


Attentive............


What are they looking at?


Reflection period by the pool. Serene and calm...


Prefect in writing mode.... Affirmation letters....



Lights, Camera, Action. Sketch Time....


More acting.....True to life actors......


Head prefect reprimanding subordinates.


Broadway style moves....Touche...



Mr. Martin Jalleh. An awesome facilitator.


Revolutionizing the way to use a laptop? Priceless......


The wall of names. Confirmation for prefects.


"COME ON!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!"


LOOK! I'M FLYING!!!


Performing the anti-gravity lean. XD!


Entanglement.....Now this is just problematic.....


Mr. Velu in maiden speech mode.....


A lighter moment in life. Form Rep. getting gangbanged.


One can't help but wonder. Is this individual sleeping or text messaging?




Somebody call 911, shawty fire burning on the dance floor.....OH...OHHH....


Look, a human star......XD!

My little sister and her spongebob....XD!!


They just want to be cool....Seriously cool.....


Cooling off by the seaside...Literally...XD!


Task at hand...Building a wall of sand.


Success, the wall lives. Note: It's the long brown lump of sand.


They are wondering why waves are formed. Hmmm...Educational.


Deputy Lady Head having a sprint in the sand. More like a quarter mile drag. Shocking......


Posing for photographs.....


Ain't it great to see a group of happy prefects?


The group on the left looks like their going to maul the little guy in white. XD!


Jia Ee showing off his cool. Joseph capturing every moment. And the girls?...Smiling =_="


On the beach....Warm sand but no cup of juice with a little umbrella in it. Damn!


Yes, they love the beach, yes they do.


Look at the beautiful seaside. The start of a great holiday. I mean...erm....Learning experience.


Prefects on the beach.....


Ahh.... Coffee..... PANAS!!!


Yes, the Michaelian Prefectorial Board has their own choir.....


In a typical Malaysian setting, an accident probably happened. Way to go prefects.




Prefects just want to have fun.......


It's nearing sunset. The setting is just right for one last splash.




Silhouette shots.

Chilling in the water. Photo opportunity.


Brother Matthew's amazing photography skills.


This is the best scenery shot taken so far. Credits to Bro. Matthew.


New found friend.......


The Dreamer....



I.S.U.C all together for one last shot.


Janice and I during farewell. Friends 4 Life!


Rachel Koh and I. Her million dollar smile is indeed evident. Isn't she just beautiful.


RJ and I. Brothers in the hood yall'


Me: Eh? My PDA hanged. What the heck?
Nahulan : Phone illiterate.....XD!


I.S.U.C and S.A.C in tug of war competition


The opposition. They too look formidable.


PULL! PULL like you're paid for it.


Yours truly just messing around with a fedora.


One on one on the dance floor. XD!


Don't ask me what this is....I myself have no idea.


Jia Kai versus Calvyn. (photo credits to Calvyn)


Photo credits to, Brother Matthew, Calvyn and Pavin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review–Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon)

This is my first time doing this sort of a review so please bear with me and do give me your most honest feedback (should there be any). During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I was staying in a rather unique boutique hotel with a superb concept. An Overview
Pentahotel Hong Kong (Kowloon) is situated in an area known as Diamond Hill in Kowloon, the price for the night is significantly cheaper than the hotels on the main island of Hong Kong. Situated inconspicuously among factory and warehouses, privacy and peace are essential guarantees of this hotel.  The hotel boasts a towering 32-floors in height and a total of 695 guest rooms. Despite the building being 32 floors high, there are 6 elevators ensuring that no one has to wait more than a minute before getting an elevator. Accompanying facilities include a convenience store, recreation room, a cafe, a pizza bar and conference facilities. Further details will be listed at the end of the review.First Impressions
The main entrance of the hote…

Singapore Airline Training and Outing @ Parkroyal Penang

Hello again, dear readers. As you might have already known, I am currently a Senior Marketing Executive for Singapore Airlines Limited. It has been already 7 months since I've joined Singapore Airlines. Anyway, like all major corporations, there will always be either an annual dinner or outing. In the case of Singapore Airlines Limited, for the year 2015, we chose Penang as the spot to have our annual staff outing and dinner.

DAY 1: HEADING THERE

The day started early. By early, I mean waking up at 0530 hours to head to office (pickup point). Before heading there, we dropped by to fetch my colleague Douglas. What was interesting to know was that the roads at that hour were completely empty. It is eerie to know that the roads that I go through daily, fighting off traffic was now nothing more than a desolate scene out of the walking dead. Anyway, enough thoughts. When we got to the office, we had a light breakfast at the mamak downstairs. After "suffing" ourselves, we head…

23rd Birthday @ Thirty8, Grand Hyatt

I may be about 2 months too late but I do want to share about a truly amazing birthday surprise. As my 23rd birthday came to view, I noticed my dear girlfriend was busy on the phone. I never really gave it much thought about what she was doing (perhaps ordering some girls stuff via the telephone?). However, I didn't know she was planning a surprise for my birthday. 

On the day itself, she dressed herself up really splendidly. I on the other hand managed to put on a shirt and a pair of jeans (the male effort of dressing up splendidly). She set the GPS for me and I just followed it all the way until we found ourselves at the entrance of the Grand Hyatt @ Kuala Lumpur. Mouth left ajar, I began to question what did she do (I'm a frugal person so places like the Grand Hyatt would rarely appear on my list). 
Entering the lift, we went up to the 38th floor and that was when I realised that there was such a restaurant called Thirty8. Unbeknownst to the general people like you and me, th…